Adding your TXT for Amazon Route 53
You can automatically add domain verification TXT record to your Route 53 configuration. However, if you choose to add your TXT record manually, the procedure will be as follows.
- Open the Amazon SES console here.
- Under Identity Management, choose Domains.
- Choose the domain that you want to verify.
- Expand the Verification section. Copy the Value shown next to TXT Value.
- Open the Route 53 console here.
- In the navigation pane, choose Hosted Zones.
- Select the domain that you want to add a TXT record to, and then choose Go To Records Sets.
- Choose Create Record Set.
- In the Create Record Set pane, make the following selections:
- For Name, paste the TXT record value you copied from your manage/integrate section of SmartEngage.
- For Type, choose TXT – Text.
- For TTL (Seconds), type 1800.
- For Value, paste the TXT record value you copied from your manage/integrate section of SmartEngage.
- Choose Create.
On the Domains page in the Amazon SES console, check the value in Status next to the domain you want to verify. If the status is "pending verification" wait a few minutes, then choose refresh. Repeat this process until the status is "verified."
- Some DNS providers automatically append your domain name to DNS record names. To avoid duplication of the domain name, you can add a period (.) to the end of the domain name in the DNS record.
You can find troubleshooting information & instructions here.